03 January 2006

Top-10 Flicks of 2005

Though I'm not an expert, and not quite a film-lover, I am a movie-goer. Though last year I saw relatively few films at the cinema I feel a top-10 list is in order. In fact you might say that because I'm dealing with fewer flicks than normal I feel more capable of rating what I've seen. Without further ado I give you my...

...top picks:
10) Mr. and Mrs. Smith
9) Four Brothers
8) Aeon Flux
7) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
6) Sin City
5) March of the Penguins
4) Wedding Crashers
3) Syriana
2) Good Night, and Good Luck
1) Munich

I've also got to say that Revenge of the Sith should probably be #1. It's hands down the best of the new Episodes and I am that much of a Star Wars fan. But Star Wars doesn't count like every other movie, so I've left it off the top 10. Other new films of 2005 I managed to see and enjoyed more than the rest are...

...in no particular order:
War of the Worlds
Kung Fu Hustle
The Island
Batman Begins
The Brothers Grimm
The Ice Harvest

Just for the record I've not seen King Kong, the Chronic--WHAT--cles of Narnia left me feeling a little disappointed, and I saw Episode 3 no fewer than 4 times at the theatre--more than any other movie I've seen in the past 3-4 years--and enjoyed it more every time. I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but until I remember consider this baby definitive:)
Comments: Post a Comment << Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?