29 January 2006

The Hippest Country to Be Seen In Since Tibet

Bhutan

You got to respect a kingdom that measures happiness instead of/as an indicator of productivity. You got to respect a country that only allowed in about 9000 tourists last year. And you really got to respect the Land of the Thunder Dragon.

Bhutan's like the newest, coolest nightclub to open in Manhatten and everybody who's anybody has got to get in. Mostly because if I get in, then I can rest assured that I really am better than everybody else.

My favorite proof that everyone must be having a grand ole time comes straight from the CIA's World Factbook. (i) Industries: cement, wood products, processed fruits, alcoholic beverages, calcium carbide; and (ii) Labor force: NA; note: massive lack of skilled labor. I'm farily certain there's a subtle relationship between at least one of their major industries and the lack of skilled labor. My kind of place.
Comments: Post a Comment << Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?