20 April 2005

Hawaiian Friday

Rules
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions and leave the answers as comments on my blog.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Questions
1. What about the Thing, is his dork made of orange rock?

Many have wondered if Ben Grimm has orange rock testicales. Indeed, I am geek with a working knowledge of Kevin Smith's films. At any rate, after extensive internet research I could not find a nude photo of The Thing and have come to the conclusion that no one has yet to check. Though I believe on blind faith alone (of course what is faith but blind; we're allowed to be redundent) that the whole package is made of rock. The color is more difficult to reckon: for what if The Thing is actually naturally much more yellow. He might just spend a lot of time in a tanning bed. I'd bet he's got a tan line. If he tans... Maybe yellow. Maybe orange. Definitely rock.


2. What song would you like playing as you drive a sixteen-wheel truck through a horde of zombies?

A question I've long pondered and experimented with while playing one of many various video games (you know the ones I mean). Really, I've got a few soundtracks' worth of song ideas off the top of my head. Some make for a more Tarantino-esque moment, some just rock, some have oddly appropriate lyrics, others don't make any sense at all. The first song I can think of is Here Comes the Sun as performed by The Beatles. If it's a slo-mo montage of me hitting zombies with a big truck then I'd have to go with Life on Mars?, David Bowie or Everybody Hurts, R.E.M. Some other runners-up in no particular order are:
Atomic Bounce, Carl Sonny Leyland
3rd Dead Cat, Chuck Brodsky
Special, Garbage
Take the Power Back, RATM
Right Next Door to Hell and Live and Let Die, Guns N' Roses
Espionage, Green Day
P.E.T.R.O.L., Orbital
Too Tough to Die and Blitzkrieg Bop and anything Ramones

Let it be known that it's heart-wrenching to pick one song. Also, there are plenty of great songs not immediately recallable. I suppose if I had to pick one song, just one song, it'd be the classic Bad Moon Rising by none other than CCR.


3. Why should anyone watch "A Christmas Story" ever again?

If nobody does, then no one will watch TNT for the month or so around Christmas when all it airs is A Christmas Story over and over. What would the world be like if Teddy didn't make as much money? I'll tell you. Three words: about the same (what has the UN really done recently...)


4. Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

That's a rather personal question, don't you think? By the way, is she a goer? Know what I mean, know what I mean. Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink...


5. When is enough enough?

Soon enough. Unless of course, that's not soon enough.
Comments: Post a Comment << Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?